Dating back many years, natural salt has used to enhance healing. People visited salt caves to find relief from a wide range of health issues, to enhance breathing, to improve skin health and to reduce stress.
Today, specially shaped Himalayan salt “stones” are heated to provide a unique therapeutic massage that offers salt’s healing benefits during a massage. Here are five benefits of a Himalayan Salt Stone Massage:
- When there are too many positive ions in the body it leads to inflammation. Being massaged with Himalayan salt stones helps balance the positive ions with negative ions. This can help reduce inflammation, which causes pain and illness.
- Himalayan salt contains more than 80 trace minerals that are absorbed by your body during a hot Himalayan Stone massage, helping to replenish minerals lost during hard workouts or ongoing stress.
- Himalayan Salt is naturally antimicrobial and helps to detoxify and nourish your skin and body.
- Your skin will feel more refreshed and lightly exfoliated by the glide from salt stones that are smooth and rounded.
- The salt stones are heated and when combined with therapeutic massage, a signal is sent to the body to turn off the stress response and turn on the relaxation state of being. When our muscles are able to relax, the therapist is able to help problem areas release more readily.
Today’s fast paced society leaves us feeling overwhelmed and stressed. Rest and relaxation is fundamental to our health. When we allow ourselves to rest and relax, we are able to rejuvenate and be the best versions of ourselves. We perform better physically and mentally and lead a calmer, happier and more vital life. Melt away the tension built up in your body to support and nourish your central nervous system with the new Himalayan Salt Stone Massage offered by Lynne Donahue at Four Pillars.
Lynne Donahue, LMT, MA#88348 is a graduate of the Sarasota School of Massage Therapy in Sarasota, FL. Lynne is also a Reiki Master, Certified Health Coach, and Truly Heal Certified Coach with more than 11 years of experience as a holistic practitioner and educator. Lynne Donahue provides Heath Coaching as well as therapeutic massage to help alleviate stress, muscle tightness and restore body balance for optimal health at Four Pillars. Four Pillars is located in the San Marco Plaza at 8209 Natures Way, Suite 221, Lakewood Ranch. For more information, call 941-373-3955, email Info@FourPillasFlorida.com or visit FourPillarsFlorida.com.