Summer has arrived! Four Pillars, a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to building a positive foundation for wellness through life coaching and self-care practices, is bringing various workshops, practitioners, and experts to the community for learning, rejuvenating, and enhancing your life throughout the entire month of June. Rejuvenate your soul with these diverse workshop offerings. Please join us and bring a friend along too!
- June 8, 7–9 p.m., “Author Spotlight Series: The ABCs of Writing and Publishing a Book.” Have you ever dreamed of writing a book? In this event workshop series, international bestselling author and writing/publishing coach D.D. Scott will guide you through the detailed steps of this entire process with topics such as Writing Craft, Cover Design, Formatting, Promotion and Marketing, Your Writing Style and Space, Plotting Tips, Who Are Your Readers, Day One Page One and more. Each class includes entertaining stories from her own journey and expertise. The focus for June is branding yourself as an author and branding your book. Scott’s book The ABCs of Writing and Publishing a Bookwill also be available for purchase. Cost: $10.
- June 12 and 26, 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m., “Group Guided Self-Hypnosis.” During this group session offered twice per month, Shana Rosenthal, Certified Consulting Hypnotist, will show you how to relax and power your intentions deep into your subconscious mind in order to set yourself up for an amazing week. The experience is further enhanced with aromatherapy. Cost: $20.
- June 13, 6:30–8:30 p.m., “Can I Change My Life?” If you don’t take control of your life, someone else will. Uncover your true potential to manifest the person you desire to become. Your mind is like a computer with its own software that organizes your thinking and behavior. During this workshop, Shana Rosenthal will teach you to reprogram your subconscious to overcome the negative programs causing you to feel stagnant and proactively change your life. Cost: $15.
- June 15, 7–9 p.m., “Shine from Within: Teen Self-Image Special Summer Event.” This self-development workshop is designed to help adolescent girls, ages 12–17, realize and develop their own unique confidence, purpose and self-love. Led by Four Pillars founder and life coach Cheri Christiansen, this event will teach girls how to nourish their minds, bodies and spirits from the inside. They’ll learn to assess and understand personalized self-care, find purpose and honor their passions to become their truest selves, and they will also hear the story of young entrepreneur 12-year-old Bryce Bennett who founded the local business SarasotaSugar. In addition, they’ll have the opportunity to create their own SarasotaSugar scrub. Cost: $20.
- June 21, 7–9 p.m., “Author Spotlight Series: I am Good Enough.” In this event workshop series, D.D. Scott will help guide you through your own spiritual awakening in a light-hearted way. She will also share her coaching expertise and spiritual concepts. Scott believesthat every time you look for a certain piece of information, it presents itself through modern spiritual teachers living according to the lessons taught by ancient gurus. She teaches how to live from love, forgiveness and gratitude to create the space for miracles and sweet synchronicities to occur. Leave this event with an open heart and mind ready to receive all the miracles around you. Scott’s book I am Good Enough will also be available for purchase.Cost: $10.
- June 26, 7–9 p.m., “SpiritualiTEA.” Social connections are essential for longevity and happiness. In this modern world of technology and social media, it’s important to interact on a personal level. Join us for a cup of tea or coffee and casual discussions of what you’re experiencing on your life journey. Meet like-minded people to talk, listen and connect. Cost: cost of a cup of coffee or tea.
- June 28, 7–9 p.m., “Essential Oils and Hormones.” A woman’s body is profoundly affected by her hormone cycle, especially the fluctuation of estrogen. Besides the formation of sexual characteristics, estrogen affects mental health, bone growth, cholesterol levels, skin health, protein synthesis and fluid balance. Learn how and which essential oils can helpbalance your hormones. This workshop is led by Laurel James, National Interior Designer and author of Interiorology. In addition, she is an Essential Oil Wellness Guide and Kundalini Yoga Instructor (as taught by Yogi Bhajan). James is dedicated to guiding people toward wellness and conscious living. Cost: donation based.
In addition to workshops, Four Pillars offers massages and facials, Reiki and energy work, acupuncture, hypnosis, life coaching and a bookstore. Four Pillars is your “go-to” place to learn, relax, energize and reinvent. Four Pillars is located at 8209 Nature’s Way, Suite 221, Lakewood Ranch. For more information, call 941-373-3955 or visit FourPillarsFlorida.com.